TITLE: Assistant Principal
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: 12 month, Full Time
PURPOSE: The Assistant Principal of the Upper School supervises the academic program of the upper school in accordance with the school’s mission and philosophy. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Assistant Principal engages in and supports the planning of school events and programs.
• Is a practicing Catholic who has a commitment to ongoing formation of the Catholic faith.
• Has an understanding of and passion for Catholic school education.
• Has a minimum of a Master’s Degree in an area of study that supports the role/responsibilities of the position, or
• Has three years of experience in the secondary school administration
• Has a commitment to ongoing professional development within the areas of responsibility
• Possesses collaborative team building skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills.
• Holds or is eligible for licensing/certification in the State of Delaware or Maryland
• Serves as a member of the school Leadership Team
• Develops, evaluates and revises academic policies, curriculum and initiatives
• Supervises the preparation, distribution and maintenance of student academic records
• Collaborates with the Principal with the ongoing observation, evaluation and professional development of faculty
• Acts as the system manager for the school’s student information and learning management systems.
• Oversees the creation of the master schedule in collaboration with Principal
• Ensures all students meet the promotion and graduation policies for St. Elizabeth School and for the State of Delaware
• Chairs the Academic Council, schedules monthly meetings, and maintains minutes of the meetings
• Supervises, evaluates and supports the department chairs in collaboration with the Principal
• Coordinates and oversees course remediation, student support, online learning and dual enrollment programs
• Prepares and maintains the portion of the budget pertaining to the Academic Office
• Works with the Principal and Director of Admissions to establish policies and procedures for the admission of students